| This article is a stub. You can help the Unreal Wiki by expanding it.|
What needs to be done: Add the remaining info!
| This article is about an officially-released third-party mod.|
Only mods that have been part of official Unreal releases are allowed on this wiki. Third-party mods are not considered canon to the Unreal Universe unless an Epic Games or Digital Extremes employee (past or present) stated otherwise.
AirBuccaneers (mod) is a teamplay-oriented air battle game with hot air balloons and mythological sceneries from the north.
- New multiplayer type containing intense and strategic hot air balloon fights
- Heavy emphasis on teamplay and cooperation
- New player models, weapons, graphics and sounds to complete the unique atmosphere
- Different maps for diverse scenarios and objectives
- Unique game concept and original content
- Genre mix (airwar, tactical vehicle ops and "sea" battles)
- Simple control interface (action button, jump, walk, strafe, turn, throw "weapon", F1 for stats)
The game consists of highly original concept and content. The new type of multiplayer game involving intense and strategic hot air balloon fights is crafted by mixing the game genres of airwar and seat battles with FPS aspects.
AirBuccaneers offers simple enough control interface which enables low learning threshold. The players interact and experience their surroundings by using their player characters in the atmospherically engaging virtual world. Thematic player models, weapons, graphics and sounds complete the unique atmosphere.
The high concept of the game is the graceful control scheme of hot air balloons. Slow movement speeds and large-sized targets reduce the amount of hand-eye-coordination and leave more room for strategic and tactical thinking. The adrenalin rush provided by the intense smoke-filled battle of airborne hot air balloons is one of the most important gameplay aspects.
Development history Edit
AirBuccaneers started as a mod for Unreal Tournament 2003 but, before its initial release, it was changed to work on top of Unreal Tournament 2004, as it was released during the development of the mod.
Release dates Edit
Game content Edit
Monsters and creatures Edit
Essential Files Edit
Here you can find a list of official and unofficial, yet essential, files for your game.
|Credits of Air Buccaneers|
|LudoCraft Game Design and Research Team|
|Producer & Lead Designer||Tony Manninen|
|Lead Programmer & Developer||Tuomo Korva|
|Graphics & Level Design||Heikki Korva|
|3D Models & Animation||Tomi Kujanpää|
|Audio Design & Graphics & Text||Pekko Koskinen|
|Concept Art & Graphics||Jani Löthman|
|Server Admin & Graphics||Tomi Hurskainen|
|Animation & Graphics||Laura Vallius|
|Music||Eino Keskitalo, Anssi Laiho|
|Usability & Playtesting||Mikko Rajanen|
|Server Guru||Peter Antoniac|
|Voice Talent||Suvi Kaattari, Satu Kaattari-Manninen, Anssi Laiho, Pasi Pirttiaho|
- The mod won 2nd place in Make Something Unreal Contest educational category and 3rd place in the overall finals in 2004.
- In 2012 the mod was reborn as a free, full-fledged PC multiplayer title released on Steam. As a standalone game, however, it runs under the Unity 4 Engine.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "AirBuccaneers (mod)". Ludocraft Games. Retrieved April 26, 2019.
- ↑ "AirBuccaneers". ModDB. Retrieved April 26, 2019.
- ↑ "AirBuccaneers (2012)". Ludocraft Games. Retrieved April 26, 2019.
- "Unreal Tournament 2004 Maps - AirBuccaneers". Mapraider. Retrieved April 26, 2019.
See also Edit
|Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year Edition: Chaos UT (mod) • Rocket Arena: UT|
|Unreal Tournament 2004: Editor's Choice Edition: Alien Swarm • Chaos UT2 • Clone Bandits • Deathball • Domain 2049 • Frag.Ops • Jailbreak 2004 • Red Orchestra • Rocketeer • UnWheel|