| This article is a stub. You can help the Unreal Wiki by expanding it.|
What needs to be done: Add the remaining info!
| This article is about an officially-released third-party mod.|
Only mods that have been part of official Unreal releases are allowed on this wiki. Third-party mods are not considered canon to the Unreal Universe unless an Epic Games or Digital Extremes employee (past or present) stated otherwise.
- Main article: w:c:alienswarm:Alien Swarm 2K4
Alien Swarm is an overhead view tactical squad-based shooter for UT2K4. Set in the the distant future, the players take the role of a Commander in the Interstellar Armed Forces. They must guide their squad of marines through Swarm infested colonies, overrun bases and outposts, to achieve a variety of objectives.
Alien Swarm features:
- Unique blend of action and strategy.
- 1-8 players co-operative play.
- Single mission or Campaign mode.
- Large array of equipment for your marines, including Assault rifles, Shotguns, SynTek SmartEye Autoguns, Flamethrowers, Pistols, Incendiary Mines, Flares, Stim Packs, Ammo Bags, Sentry Guns, Medkits and more!
- Four marine classes: Explosives, Special Weapons, Medic and Technical
- Skill and experience system allowing your marines to improve as they progress through the campaign.
- Full tutorial to teach you how to play and to use the equipment at your disposal.
- 8 unique marines with portaits, personality, skills and background.
- Easy to use emote system for team communication.
- Full character speech for each marine which adapts to the current situation.
- Alien parasites which infest your marines and hatch from inside them.
- A variety of mission objectives.
- High scores, kill records and medals.
- A range of difficulty settings and unlockable map variations.
- Leader and voting system for online play.
Development history Edit
Release dates Edit
Game content Edit
Monsters and creatures Edit
Essential Files Edit
Here you can find a list of official and unofficial, yet essential, files for your game.
- The mod won the second edition of the MSUC in the categories Best Non-FPS mod (Phase 3), Best Voice Pack or Audio Modification (Phase 3) and Best Non-FPS Mod (Phase 4). It also reached third place in the category Best Level Using Original Content (Phase 3) and reached fourth place in the Grand Finals.
- The mod also won Gamespy's Mod of the Year award in 2004.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Game of the Year 2004 - PC Special Awards". GameSpy. Archived from the original on December 29, 2004. Retrieved April 26, 2019.
- ↑ Staff (March 2005). "The Best of 2004; The 14th Annual Computer Games Awards". Computer Games Magazine. No. 172. pp. 48–56.
- ↑ ShortCutMan (March 19, 2005). "March's Mod of the Month is invaded by Bugs!". ModDB. Retrieved April 26, 2019.
See also Edit
|Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year Edition: Chaos UT (mod) • Rocket Arena: UT|
|Unreal Tournament 2004: Editor's Choice Edition: Air Buccaneers • Chaos UT2 • Clone Bandits • Deathball • Domain 2049 • Frag.Ops • Jailbreak 2004 • Red Orchestra • Rocketeer • UnWheel|