If you're looking for other versions of the map, you might want to check Recurring maps#Facing Worlds.Unreal Tournament . It comes with the UT Bonus Pack 4.
Map description Edit
At first sight, the map seems identical to CTF-Face, but as a matter of fact, it features several differences. The Rippers found near the spawnpoints are replaced by Miniguns. Also, the teleporters that take you to the top of the sniper towers bring you up higher than usual, effectively preventing spawnkilling. Furthermore, the spawnpoints for both teams are located behind the towers rather than to the side, and any imbalances between both bases and sides have been fixed.
The map has the following named areas:
- Asteroid: Well, almost the entirety of the map. Divided in Blue Asteroid, Red Asteroid, Blue Back, Red Back, Blue Tower and Red Tower.
- Red/Blue Base: The flag bases proper.
- Red/Blue Sniper: The sniper chamber below the rooftop.
- Red/Blue Redeemer: The Redeemer spawn area.
Weapons and pickups Edit
| Weapon: 1x Blue Base, between the Redeemer and Sniper teleports. 1x Red Base, between the Redeemer and Sniper teleports.|
Ammo: 2x Near the Blue Base weapon. 2x Near the Red Base weapon.
|Weapon: 1x Northwest of the Blue tower. 1x Northeast of the Red tower.|
| Weapon: 1x Blue Base, near the flag. 1x Red Base, near the flag.|
Ammo: 2x Near the Blue Base weapon. 2x Near the Red Base weapon. 2x Near the Blue Amplifier. 2x Near the Red Amplifier.
| Weapon: 1x Blue Sniper area. 1x Red Sniper area. 1x Top of the Blue tower. 1x Top of the Red tower. 1x Southwest of the Blue tower. 1x Southeast of the Red tower.|
Ammo: 5x Blue Sniper area. 5x Red Sniper area. 3x Top of the Red tower. 3x Top of the Blue tower. 2x Blue Redeemer area. 2x Red Redeemer area.
|Weapon: 1x Blue Redeemer area. 1x Red Redeemer area.|
|4x Blue Base entrance, two per side. 4x Red Base entrance, two per side.|
|Middle of the Asteroid.|
|1x Top of the Blue tower. 1x Top of the Red tower.|
|1x Blue Base, above the entrance, only reachable by translocating. 1x Red Base, above the entrance, only reachable by translocating.|
Tips and tricks Edit
See also CTF-Face (UT map)#Tips and tricks.
- The Minigun does indeed influence on the tactics. On the defense side, it acts as a floor-level reinforcement of the Snipers, forcing the attackers to coordinate even more than before. Conversely, the Minigun can help get rid of annoying defenders at the flag bases.
- This map comes with the Bonus Pack 4, alongside the WarBoss and Xan Mark II models, and the maps CTF-Beatitude, CTF-EpicBoy, CTF-Ratchet, DM-Bishop, DM-Closer, DM-Grit-TOURNEY, DM-Viridian-TOURNEY, DOM-Bullet, DOM-CiDom, DOM-Lament][, and DOM-WolfsBay.
See also Edit
|Capture the Flag maps for Unreal Tournament|
|CTF-Command • CTF-Coret (UT map) • CTF-Dreary • CTF-EternalCave • CTF-Face (UT map) • CTF-Gauntlet • CTF-LavaGiant • CTF-Niven • CTF-November • CTF-Tutorial|
|Epic Bonus Pack maps: CTF-CybrosisII • CTF-Darji16 • CTF-Hydro16 • CTF-Noxion16|
|DE Bonus Pack maps: CTF-HallOfGiants • CTF-Orbital|
|Inoxx Pack maps: CTF-FaceII • CTF-High • CTF-Kosov • CTF-Nucleus|
|Bonus Pack 4 maps: CTF-Beatitude • CTF-EpicBoy • CTF-Ratchet|
|Chaos UT maps: CTF-CUT ChaosCastle-pf • CTF-CUT Horus|
|Console maps: CTF-Phalanx • CTF-Sepulchre • CTF-Spirito • CTF-StormFront • CTF-Sundial|