| This article is a stub. You can help the Unreal Wiki by expanding it.|
What needs to be done: Add the missing info.
Map description Edit
Maul is a rundown station, which looks more like a post apocalyptic area. This medium size arena is extremely jagged, blocking the view at times. The massive fuel tanks provide some decent cover, while sneaking in and rushing out of the enemy base.
The map is mostly symmetrical, however the terrain on each side is slightly different. This makes flag running on the blue side of the map slightly easier as the terrain slopes up a bit more naturally on the outer extremes of the map.
Weapons and pickups Edit
Tips and tricks Edit
- Due to the highly uneven terrain, the Link Gun is the most recommended weapon to take down enemies.
- Watch out for potshotters from the center hill on either side.
- One strategy that is often used is to begin to run around the power stations on either side (the big orby buildings) and then backtrack slightly to go around the other side. This will occasionally throw off people who are trying to cut you off.
- Another running method is to take the flag straight out the left side through the gulchy area.
- There are a few spots on the map which make defense a bit easier:
- The most obvious is the center hill near the big rock. This location allows you to take potshots at the enemy flag carrier as well as get to either side of the map quickly to drop flak shells or pop combos.
- Another location that is often used is right in the flag room. Rockets are a good weapon to use in this location.
- Another place is above the flag room where you can snipe easily, but are a sitting duck.
- A howling wolf, an owl, and crickets can be heard in the background.
- Prior to the update, there was a glitch where players could go under the board.
See also Edit
|Capture the Flag maps for Unreal Championship|
|CTF-Chrome (UC map) • CTF-Citadel (UC map) • CTF-Geothermal (UC map) • CTF-LavaGiant2 • CTF-LostFaith (UC map) • CTF-Orbital2 (UC map) • CTF-OtarosRun • CTF-Smote (UC map)|