- If you're searching for other versions of the map, you might want to check Recurring maps#November.
CTF-November (whose full name is November Sub Pen) is a map appearing in Unreal Tournament.
Map description Edit
The arena is set in a underground submarine pen. Both teams' bases are defense-oriented, making the opposing team's flag a lot more difficult to capture, though the map lends itself to the Red side.
There are several named zones in the map:
- Sub Pen: The central area of the map, holds the eponymous pen.
- Water: The underwater of the central area.
- Red Base: The water-filled red base; the flag is at the end of the north tunnel, while at the east tunnel red players spawn near the Rocket Launcher.
- Red Entry: The area with the sniper nest and the crates at the Red Base, which has even more crates.
- Red Foyer: The south entrance to the Red Base.
- Blue Base: The area of the Blue Base with the crates containing the flag.
- Blue Foyer: The entrance to the Blue Base, including the stairs.
Weapons and pickups Edit
| Weapon: 1x Sub Pen area, blue side, near the sniper's nest. 1x Red Entry, near the stairs to the Red Base.|
Ammo: 2x Near the Sub Pen weapon. 2x Near the Red Entry weapon.
| Weapon: 1x Red Foyer, atop of a crate near the Sniper's Nest. 1x Sub Pen area, atop of a crate near the water entrance to the blue side.|
Ammo: 2x Red Foyer, behind some crates near a stair to the Red Base.
| Weapon: 1x Blue Base, among the crates near the flag. 1x Red Foyer, among the crates.|
Ammo: 2x Near the Blue Base weapon, behind some crates. 2x Near the Red Foyer weapon.
| Weapon: 1x Red Entry, Sniper Nest. 1x Blue Foyer, near the Sniper Nest.|
Ammo: 4x Near the Red Entry weapon. 2x Near the Blue Foyer weapon. 1x Blue Foyer, below the stairs.
| Weapon: 1x Red Entry, at the corridors near west entrance to the Red Base. 1x Blue Foyer area, in a ledge overlooking the entrance to the base.|
Ammo: 2x Near the Red Entry weapon. 2x Red Entry, at the base of the ladder to the Red Entry weapon. 2x Sub Pen area, at the base of the Red side ramp to the pen. 2x Sub Pen area, blue side entrance from water. 2x Blue Foyer, entrance from the Sub Pen area. 2x Near the Blue Foyer weapon.
| Weapon: 1x Red Base, east spawn chamber. 1x Blue Base, near the acid pool.|
Ammo: 2x Near the Red Base weapon. 2x Red Entry, among the crates. 2x Sub Pen, red side, at the deadend. 2x Near the Blue Base weapon. 2x Sub Pen, blue side, at the deadend.
| Weapon: 1x Red Base, near the tube to the Red Flag. 1x Blue Base, at the deadend, among the crates. 1x Blue Foyer, below the stairs.|
Ammo: 2x Near the Red Base weapon. 2x Red Entry, atop some crates near the Sniper's Nest. 2x Near the Blue Base weapon. 3x Near the Blue Foyer weapon.
|4x Sub Pen area, near Red entrance from water. 4x Sub Pen area, near entrance to the Blue Foyer. 4x Blue Base, at the chamber with the tube to the Blue Foyer.|
|3x Red Foyer, near the Ripper. 2x Red Entry, at the Sniper's Nest. 2x Red Entry, at the base of the stairs to the Red Base. 2x Blue Base, at the chamber with the tube to the Blue Foyer. 2x Blue Foyer, near some crates.|
|1x Red Foyer, atop of a pile of crates at the deadend. 1x Blue Foyer, atop of a pile of crates near the south entrance to Red Base.|
|1x Red Entry, near the stairs to the Red Base. 1x Blue Foyer, near the Shield Belt ledge.|
|1x Red Foyer, inside of a crate near the entrance to the Red Base. 1x Blue Base, inside of a crate at the dead end.|
|1x Red Entry, Sniper's Nest. 1x Blue Foyer, in a ledge in front of the stairs.|
|1x Sub Pen, atop the Sub tower.|
Completing this map in the retail version rewards you with the victor's trophy for Capture the Flag.
Completing this map rewards you with the victor's trophy for Capture the Flag.
Tips and tricks Edit
- The Translocator will help you to bypass the biggest burdens of each base: the Blue Base stairs (you can translocate to the Blue Base directly via tube or by just translocating to the top stairs), the Sub Pen water area (by translocating directly to the sub) and the Red Base water pool. You can even get an extra opening to attack the Blue Base by translocating through the Sniper's Nest (though you can't exit with the flag from here).
- The submarine is absent in the console versions.
- Two versions of the same map going by the names CTF-November and CTF-December (not to be confused with the UT200X map) were found in the UT betas. There aren't much changes between these versions, as they feature the same asymmetrical bases with merely different deco placement.
- Rich 'Akuma' Eastwood created a Clan Edition of the map that took the best of the Red and Blue bases in order to create a symmetrical map which became very popular for team games. This version's popularity ensured the appearance of the map in the UT200X series, as those versions followed the symmetrical design of the CE instead of the original map.
CliffyB's notes Edit
See also Edit
|Capture The Flag maps for Unreal Tournament|
|CTF-Beatitude • CTF-Command • CTF-Coret (UT map) • CTF-CybrosisII • CTF-Darji16 • CTF-Dreary • CTF-EpicBoy • CTF-EternalCave • CTF-Face-SE • CTF-FaceII • CTF-Face (UT map) • CTF-Gauntlet • CTF-HallOfGiants • CTF-High • CTF-Hydro16 • CTF-Kosov • CTF-LavaGiant • CTF-Niven • CTF-Noxion16 • CTF-Nucleus • CTF-Orbital • CTF-Ratchet • CTF-Tutorial|
|Chaos UT maps: CTF-CUT ChaosCastle-pf • CTF-CUT Horus|
|Console maps: CTF-Phalanx • CTF-Sepulchre • CTF-Spirito • CTF-StormFront • CTF-Sundial|