If you're looking for other versions of the map, you might want to check Recurring maps#Curse.Unreal Tournament .
Map description Edit
An adaptation of DmCurse for Unreal Tournament. The map retains most of the features of its predecessor, including the fake walls, the long hallway on the lower level (though cleaner), the upper courtyard and bridge, and the ledges. New features of the level include the wall at the end of the Sniper Rifle halls being opened, leading directly to the Rocket Launcher chamber, a new entrance from the Bio Rifle ledge to the courtyard via platform, and a new opening behind the main elevator leading to the courtyard.
For description purposes, we're going to name these areas using the UT2003 version of the map's names, as they aren't named in the game itself:
- Sniper Corridor: a corridor located at the west of the map, connects the Damage Amp Chamber with the northern chamber. Contains, as expected, the Sniper Rifle.
- Catwalks: The upper level corridor at the east of the map. Houses the wooden bridges, the spawn chambers, and the fake wall leading to Shield Belt.
- Lower Halls: The part of the long corridor which connects the Damage Amp Chamber with the Main Lift. Ends after the second turn towards main lift.
- Flak Chamber: The chamber located at the center of the map, below the courtyard, with the set of stairs, the pair of windows looking at the Lower Halls, and the Flak Cannon.
- Rear Lift: The chamber at the north of the map, holding the Bio Rifle and the new lift to the Courtyard.
- Rocket Chamber: A small chamber housing the Rocket Launcher, identifiable by two wooden tables crossing it above the south corridor to Main Lift.
- Damage Amp Chamber: The chamber located at the west of the map holding the Damage Amplifier behind a shootable fake wall.
- Courtyard: The outdoors area of the map. As a new addition, weaponjumping to the very upper level now grants ammo boxes to players.
- Main Lift: The most recognizable part of the map, alongside the Courtyard. Features the eponymous Lift and the mid-level ledge where the Minigun is located.
- South Corridor: The south part of the Lower Halls connecting this area with the Main Lift and the Rocket Chamber.
Weapons and pickups Edit
| Weapon: 1x Rear Lift Area, near the platform to the Courtyard.|
Ammo: 2x Rear Lift area, ledge, near entrance to the Main Lift area.
| Weapon: 1x Courtyard.|
Ammo: 2x Courtyard, behind the western pillar.
| Weapon: 1x Main Lift, near the platform.|
Ammo: 2x Courtyard, behind the eastern pillar.
| Weapon: 1x South corridor.|
Ammo: 2x Near the weapon.
| Weapon: 1x Main Lift, mid-level.|
Ammo: 2x Near the weapon. 1x Lower Halls, at the end of the upper-level ledge, behind a fake wall.
| Weapon: 1x Flak Chamber, near a window to the Lower Halls.|
Ammo: 1x Lower Halls, at the end of the upper-level ledge, behind a fake wall. 1x Courtyard, at the southwest corner in a ledge, near the drophole to Rocket Chamber. 2x Flak Chamber, near the weapon. 1x South corridor.
| Weapon: 1x Rocket Chamber, at the south end of the area.|
Ammo: 1x South corridor. 1x Rocket Chamber, near the weapon. 2x Courtyard, on top of the ceiling. 1x Lower Halls, at the end of the upper-level ledge, behind a fake wall. 1x Courtyard, at the southwest corner in a ledge, near the drophole to Rocket Chamber.
| Weapon: 1x Sniper Corridor.|
Ammo: 1x Lower Halls, at the end of the upper-level ledge, behind a fake wall. 2x Damage Amp Chamber, at the windows overlooking the Lower Halls. 2x Courtyard, on top of the ceiling.
|2x Courtyard, behind the northern pillar. 4x Rear Lift Area, near the platform to the Courtyard.|
|2x Courtyard, at the southwest corner in a ledge, near the drophole to Rocket Chamber. 2x Rear Lift area, ledge, near entrance to the Main Lift area. 2x Lower Halls, at the end of the upper-level ledge.|
|1x Flak Chamber, below the stairs.|
|1x Catwalks area, at the end of the wooden bridge, behind a fake wall.|
|1x Damage Amp Chamber, behind a shootable fake wall.|
Playstation 2 Edit
Tips and tricks Edit
- Weaponjumps and dodgings make it possible to reach these areas:
- Courtyard: From the Shock Rifle platform to the ammo ceilings.
- Lower Halls: To Damage Amp Chamber and Flak Chamber through the windows. Also from the stairs to the Damage Amp Chamber to the upper level ledge.
- Main Lift: From lower level to Minigun ledge.
- The only armor on this level, besides the shield belt, is a set of thigh pads beneath a small set of stairs near the flak cannon.
- Across some girders near a pair of health boxes, you can find a secret wall, which hides some ammunition.
- The tight corridors make the flak cannon and ripper a weapon of choice. Ricochet the ripper's blades off the walls in the lower rooms (typically heavily traveled) and rack up the kill scores. Just be careful to avoid those blades headed back for you.
- Snag the sniper rifle located in the long hallway and position yourself in the dark windows overlooking the lower corridors (near the ramp that includes the thigh pads, for instance).
- Preview videos for the PlayStation 2 version of the map use the music track "Colossus". The final PS2 version uses the track Course.