If you're looking for other versions of the map, you might want to check Recurring maps#Deck.Unreal Tournament .
Map description Edit
An adaptation of Unreal's iconic DmDeck16 map. The layout and architecture remains practically the same as the predecessor, but a new route has been opened, one that replaces a death trap in the lower level with a teleporter to a newly-seized area where a goodie is now located. The rest of the map, even the weapon/item locations, remains mostly unchanged.
For the record, we're going to refer to the following areas by using adapted names from the UT2004 version, as the map lacks location names:
- Slime Pool Area: The area with the cargo, the ramps, and the big slime pool in the middle. A new ledge unites both lower level ledges and adds a new, small chamber where the Jump Boots are located.
- Elevator Area: The cargo area at the south holding the platforms to the mid level. Above it, a new chamber is located, holding the Redeemer. At the lower level, two corridors unite it with the Slime Pool Area.
- Corridor Curve: The curve uniting the Western Hallway with the hall going to Sniper Rifle.
- Western Hallway: The hall containing the Rocket Launcher chamber at the west side of the map.
- Eastern Hallway: Located at the east of the map, these halls span a bridge over a slime pool at the southeast point, a deadend with the Flak Cannon and some boxes at the northeast point, and an entrance to the Slime Pool Area at the mid point.
- Southern Hallway: The hall spanning from the corridor curve to the Sniper Rifle pool chamber. The middle point unites the Elevator Area with the Slime Pool Area.
- Northern Hallway: The hall spanning from the Northwest Chamber to the Slime Pool Area entrance.
- Northwest Chamber: Also known as the Flak Cannon chamber, it's a big ledge over a slime pool with a ramp to a small isle containing the Flak Cannon itself.
Weapons and pickups Edit
| Weapon: 1x Slime Pool Area, upper level ledge, at the south end.|
Ammo: 2x Near the weapon. 2x Slime Pool Area, upper level ledge, at the north end.
| Weapon: 1x Elevator Area, lower level. 1x Northern Hallway, entrance to Slime Pool Area, behind crates.|
Ammo: 2x Near the Elevator Area weapon. 2x Near the Northern Hallway weapon. 1x Northwest Chamber, near a pair of crates.
| Weapon: 1x Slime Pool Area, mid level.|
Ammo: 2x Near the weapon. 2x Slime Pool Area, mid level, near some crates next to the exit to the Northwest chamber.
| Weapon: 1x Southwest Curve.|
Ammo: 2x Near the weapon.
| Weapon: 1x Slime Pool Area, mid level, near stairs to Southern Hallway.|
Ammo: 2x Near the weapon.
| Weapon: 1x Northwest Chamber, at the small isle. 1x Eastern Hallway, north point, over a box.|
Ammo: 2x Next to the Northwest Chamber weapon. 2x Next to the Eastern Hallway weapon.
| Weapon: 1x Western Hallway, in a small, blue-colored chamber. 1x Slime Pool Area, lower level, next to the teleporter to the Redeemer Chamber.|
Ammo: 3x Elevator Area, on top of the crates. 1x Near the Western Hallway weapon. 2x Near the Slime Pool Area weapon. 1x Northwest Chamber, near a pair of crates.
| Weapon: 1x Slime Pool Area, upper level, at a ledge above the Northern Hallway. 1x Southeast corner, at the ledge above the slime pool.|
Ammo: 4x Near the Sniper ledge weapon. 2x Near the Southeast corner weapon. 1x Northwest Chamber, near a pair of crates.
|Weapon: 1x Redeemer Chamber, above the Southern Corridor.|
|4x Slime Pool Area, above a ledge over the pool itself, in the lower level. 5x Eastern Hallway, among the crates next to the Flak Cannon. 3x Slime Pool Area, mid level, near some crates next to the exit to the Southwest Curve.|
|2x Elevator Area, lower level, among the crates. 2x Northern Hallway.|
|1x Slime Pool Area, upper level ledge, at the north end.|
|1x Elevator Area, lower level, atop of a small crate.|
|1x Slime Pool Area, above a ledge over the pool itself, in the lower level.|
|1x Northern Hallway, entrance to Central Area, atop of a crate.|
|1x Slime Pool Area, in a ledge over the pool itself, in a small chamber.|
Playstation 2 Edit
Tips and tricks Edit
- Elevator jumps can be done directly to the Northern Hallway without having to pass through the bridge over it.
- Using the Jump Boots, it's possible to reach the Redeemer Chamber from the Elevator Area, the Shield Belt ledge from the lower level, and the Sniper ledge in the Slime Pool Area without having to go through the Upper ledge. They also help escape from the Flak Cannon isle in the Northwest Chamber, without having to pass through the ramp.
- The Damage Amplifier can be obtained by jumping from one of the ramps.
- The green slime found throughout the map is harmful. Take care when roaming the lower area of the map in search of the shield belt, anti-gravity boots, and redeemer.
- The large middle section of the map provides great sniping grounds. Further, there are plenty of crates and dark corners to conceal yourself behind and take out deathmatch opponents from afar.
- The rocket launcher located in the blue tunnel is one of the level's hotspots. Expect players to constantly roam down this hall to grab the coveted weapon (though another is located on the bottom floor of the map near the shield belt). Trap players going for the rocket launcher inside the small alcove; fire the rocket at their feet and score an easy kill.
- The map is one of the most popular and iconic FPS maps of all time, this map was received very well by critics and has spawned numerous sequels in later UT games.
- The beta version had an Invisibility instead of the Shield Belt, but the ledge where it was placed wasn't there, so there was no real way to reach it.
- There's a hidden Level Entry Text: "Return to the Deck!"
- G4TV named it one of the most influential levels of FPS history.
- Game journalist Aaron Cook mentioned the map as the seventh greatest multiplayer map of all time
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Deathmatch Map Strategies: DM-Deck16][" @ PlanetUnreal
- ↑ "10 Of The Most Influential FPS Multiplayer Maps Ever" @ G4TV
- ↑ Cook, Aaron (March 1, 2010). "The Top 10 Greatest Multiplayer Maps". Quantum Rarity. Retrieved May 1st., 2019.