DM-Fractal (whose full name is Fractal Reactor) is a map appearing in Unreal Tournament.
Map description Edit
This map is a somewhat smaller brother to the Morbias series. It has two floors, lifts going to the superior floor, and an interesting powerup in the middle area—but that's where the similarities end. The lift passages are thin, the upper floor has small cover areas, there's the Shock Rifle, and, perhaps, the most important twist is that, in the lower floor, there are several interruptors. When one of them is shot, the trap below the Shield Belt opens, and everyone who falls through it normally gets gibbed by the reactor rays at the top of the map.
Weapons and pickups Edit
| Weapon: In the lower floor.|
Ammo: In the lower floor.
| Weapon: In the upper floor.|
Ammo: In the upper floor.
|One beside each cover.|
|At the top of the trap.|
Luthienne's Unreal Tournament character card
"Having survived the Wreck of the ISV-Kran, Luthienne was forced to watch all her friends and crewmates die at the hands of the Skaarj until she and 3 others were rescued two years later. Irreparably scarred by her experience, she has entered the Tournament to confront her inner demons and ultimately to silence them through her own death."
Tips and tricks Edit
- Take advantage of the Shock Rifle's combo damage in the small passages.
- Learn when to use the traps to give your opponent a score disadvantage.
- If you fall in the trap, try to look below, locate the closest empty area and try to pass through it. You may need the Shield Belt and a lot of air control to survive, though.
- The key on this map is to get the Shield Belt before anyone else.
- If you are on the bottom, do not be afraid to switch to the Shock Rifle and use the combo shot when someone jumps down from above; otherwise though, stick to rockets, as there will not be a shortage of them on this map.
- Spam the elevator shafts with ammunition if you see your enemy go up and you are on the upper floor.
- This level is made to seem like an infinite drop. Ghost up into the ceiling and through the hatch at the top before the level starts - you should keep going up and up endlessly.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Unreal Tournament Walkthrough by Apathetic Aardvark and farmerBob
- ↑ Unreal Tournament Guide / Walkthrough by Useless