If you're looking for other versions of the map, you might want to check Recurring maps#Floating Pyramid.
Map description Edit
Legacy is a rework of DM-Pyramid from Unreal Tournament. Like its inspiration, it's a multi-level floating pyramid, however, that's where their similarities end, as the pyramid isn't symmetrical, and the no-grav tube at the middle is gone, replaced by stairs, ramps, and jumppads connecting the different levels. Atop of the pyramid there's a goodie and a trap, whoever gets trapped there runs the risk of being fragged.
The lower level of the pyramid is called Lower South. It features two jumppads to level 2 at the southeast and southwest extremes, and a pair of stairs connect this area with the Lower North area. Four jumppads connect this level with two sections: at the northeast and northwest extremes, they send players to the UDamage area, the top of the map, while the two near the central obelisk send players to the Upper South area, located above Lower South. Upper South is connected via a single ramp with the Upper North area, a small ledge located in the fourth level. From this ledge, two jumppads which can only be accessed with (double) jumps connect this area with the very top of the level, the aforementioned UDamage area, a small platform where a pair of very steep ramps lead to the namesake item.
|4x Lower North, 2 at each side.|
|1x UDamage area, east side. 1x UDamage area, west side.|
|2x Upper South, one at each side of the ramp. 1x Upper North.|
|1x Lower North, near the obelisk. 2x Lower South, center. 1x Upper North.|
|4x Lower South, 2 at each side. 4x Upper North. 3x Upper South.|
|Top of the pyramid.|
Ascension Rites Edit
- Selket: "Nervous? If you're feeling faint, you should sit down."
- Anubis: "I'll manage."
Selket approaches Anubis.
- Selket: "Last chance to run. Coward."
- Anubis: "The only thing I ever feared was what I saw in your heart. I tested you. And you failed."
- Selket: "I failed? You were the one who turned tail and ran."
- Anubis: "Your power-mad family arranged our marriage. But I didn't cared about that. I loved you. I left the Tournament to see what you wanted more: an emperor, or a husband."
- Selket: "Excuses. You were afraid. Weak."
- Anubis: "Believe what you want. Yeah, I left the Tournament. But you left me. And I didn't want to rule without you."
- Selket: "I was a foolish girl with a crush. My family stopped me for chasing after you, and I thank them every day."
- Anubis: "Your family stopped you?"
- Selket: "They're waiting. Time to go."
- Anubis: "Let them wait. I've waited for years. We don't have to..."
- Selket: "No... more... lies!"
Selket enters to the arena. Anubis as well.
- Anubis: "I wish there were another way."
Both of them then are teleported to the arena.
- Selket: "The Liandri will lead us out of the dark ages. Tradition means nothing to our people. I am the future now."
- Anubis: "They're in for a surprise."
- Selket: "The old ways are dead. You'll just have to die along with them."
Win this match to unlock Selket, Anubis, and their ladders.
As the rules said, the last shot was for real. Anubis killed her love. He won the crown, but at the same time, he laments every thing he had to do to stop her...
- Selket: "You really... loved me?... I wish I had..."
- Robot commentator: "...incredible Ascension Rites comes to a close. Congratulations again to the new emperor. We'll resume daily coverage at the Liandri Grand Tournament in a few weeks."
- Malcolm: "Good night everybody"
Anubis is teleported outside of the arena.
- Liandri officer: "Emperor Anubis. We have so much to do! There's the coronation, your interview schedule..."
- Anubis: "I was here to stop her, not to win. And now I've lost everything."
- Liandri officer: "Don't be silly, your ratings are amazing! WE'd be honored to sponsor you in the Grand Tournament."
- Anubis: "Fuck your tournament. I'm through."
- Liandri officer: "It needn't end this way. She needn't end this way. Not even the Nakhti emperor can afford the Necris process."
- Anubis: "But you could... is that what you mean?"
- Liandri officer: "Exactly. You keep winning, we keep paying."
- Anubis: "A deal with the devil."
- Liandri officer: "It's all a matter of perspective."
- Anubis: "Do it. I don't deserve to lead these people."
- Liandri officer: "No need to worry. We'll take care of things while you're away."
And while Anubis exits from the Arena...
- Liandri officer: ""Fuck your tournament". That's perfect! We'll use it in the press release."
Anubis is then crowned emperor of the Nakhti... with a necrified Selket alongside him... and a Liandri officer beside him.
Devastation's Ladder Edit
Selket's Ladder Edit
Tips and tricks Edit
- The Nimble combo becomes more useful than ever in this map. Not only it allows you to avoid certain death by trickjumping at the right place, but also opens new paths towards the UDamage.
- Likewise, characters with the Teleport combo can escape certain death, provided they're quick to input the combo while falling down.
- The map is featured in the Ascension Rites as the last level under a different name, ACT-SelketCheats.
- According to a post on the UT forums by Jim "Entropy" Brown, the map is loosely based on Unreal Tournament's DM-Pyramid.
See also Edit
|Deathmatch maps for Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict|
|DM-AcidRain • DM-Apex • DM-Ascension • DM-AxonCompressor • DM-Azure • DM-ColdFusion • DM-Deadbolt • DM-Decay • DM-DeepCore • DM-Eternal • DM-Fury • DM-Horizon • DM-Meridian • DM-Morbias3 • DM-Nexus (UC2 map) • DM-Phoenix • DM-Praxis • DM-Remnant • DM-SolarFlare • DM-Sovereign • DM-Tempest (UC2 map) • DM-Undertow • DM-Whisper|
|Bonus Pack maps: DM-EvilHands • DM-Sever|