Map description Edit
The map takes place inside of a high speed cruising ship. The Cargo Bay holds several boxes and the Flak Cannon, while the East Wing and West Wing hold respectively the Rocket Launcher and its respective ammo; these areas are connected to almost every part of the map except the Passenger area, including themselves by way of a passage cutting them in the middle. Overlooking both wings there's the Passenger area. Finally, there's the Cockpit, the area holding the Shock Rifle.
Overall it's a pretty simple map. Fittingly, it's the first map of each of the Unreal Tournament ladders.
Weapons and pickups Edit
| Weapon: Cockpit area.|
Ammo: Near the weapon.
| Weapon: Middle crate in the Cargo Bay.|
Ammo: Among the crates.
| Weapon: West wing of the ship.|
Ammo: East wing of the ship.
| 2x at the end of both passages to the Cockpit area.|
2x at the Cargo Bay, at the left and right of the entry to the Passenger Area.
2x in the Passenger Area.
PC (Retail/GOTY) Edit
This is your first map from where you must outfrag your opponent to make your way to the top of the ladder. With only one bot to face against, this map can quickly be completed, if you are good at tracking down your opponent.
|Blake's Unreal Tournament character card|
Classification: Arena Fighter
"A warrior of some reknown, Blake has fought hard to enter the Tournament. Nonetheless, he lacks tactical finesse and will most likely be the weakest opponent you meet."
Playstation 2 Edit
Tips and tricks Edit
- The shock rifle area is one of the more dangerous areas of the level. You're really trapped if you go for this weapon and an easy target for someone with the rocket launcher or flak cannon. Still, the shock rifle is an effective weapon on the level, particularly its wide alternate fire mode when you're inside the tight corridors. Also, the combo shot works well against players hiding out near the flak cannon or stuck in the rocket launcher alcove.
- You're given shock, rockets and flak in this map, but in such small corridors and tight corners you can actually end up doing more damage to yourself than your opponent if you use the splash damage weapons.
- If playing with "Weapon stay" off (i.e. Deathmatch ladder) run around the map picking up the health packs whenever you're injured and try to grab the weapons and ammo as soon as they spawn to prevent your enemy from getting any of them.
- The Flak Cannon is probably the best weapon for this level, as it does not involve too much up and down.
- There aren't many health packs on the level and most are positioned near the flak cannon area. Remain in this area for the majority of the match and prevent your opponents from snagging the flak cannon.
- You can also keep an eye on the rocket launcher's location; when you see a player enter the alcove to grab the weapon, advance and let him have a face full of flak.
- There's a hidden Level Entry Text: "Smoke 'em..."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Deathmatch Map Strategies: DM-Oblivion" @ PlanetUnreal
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Unreal Tournament Guide / Walkthrough by Useless
- ↑ Unreal Tournament Walkthrough by Apathetic Aardvark and farmerBob