Unreal Tournament .
Map description Edit
A small map set in a foundry. There are four named areas, and several subareas as well:
- Nook: Covers the Nook point and surrounding areas.
- Ripper Ramp Area: The area with the ramp to the Lava Control Point and several crates, one of which holds the Body Armor.
- Rocket Launcher Deadend: An area located near the Nook point, it's effectively a dead end with the Rocket Launcher on it.
- Ammo Hallway: The long hallway starting at the Ripper Ramp on the low point of the ramp, and goes all the way to the Minigun Stairs.
- Main Area: Covers the Minigun Stairs, the upper level and the Flak Cannon ledge.
- Upper Level: Covers the Top Control Point, the Top Level and the Thighpad Ledges.
- Minigun Stairs: A set of stairs ending in a hallway to the Pulse Chamber and the Lava Control Point. Also has a platform to the Upper Level.
- Flak Cannon Ledge: An area holding the eponymous weapon, offers a quick escape to the Nook Control Point. and has a set of stairs to the mid level ending in a corridor to the Lava Control Point.
- South Side: Comprehends the Pulse Chamber and the South Upper Level with its corridor.
- Pulse Chamber: The lower level of the area, holds the Pulse Gun, has a corridor going to the upper level.
- South Upper Level: The area's connection with the Top Level and the Top Control Point.
- Lava: The area holding the Lava Control Point. Doesn't have areas.
The map is known for the huge lot of items hidden on ledges and areas not usually spotted.
Domination points Edit
- Top: At the Top Level area, near a pillar.
- Lava: In the Lava Area, at the intersection between paths.
- Nook: In a corner coming from either the Ripper Ramp area or the Flak Cannon ledge.
Weapons and pickups Edit
| Weapon: 1x Corridor between the Flak Cannon Ledge and the Lava Point Area, over a small spawn chamber.|
Ammo: 2x Entrance to the Lava Point Area from the Ripper Ramp Area.
| Weapon: 1x Minigun Stairs area, at the top of the stairs to the Pulse Chamber. 1x Corridor from the Lava Point Area from the Ripper Ramp Area.|
Ammo: 2x Near the Lava Point Area-Ripper Ramp Area Corridor weapon. 2x Ammo Hallway, near the windows looking at the Minigun Stairs area.
| Weapon: 1x Pulse Chamber.|
Ammo: 2x Near the weapon.
| Weapon: 1x Ripper Ramp area, below the ledge leading to the Lava Point Area.|
Ammo: 2x Upper Level, near the platform from the Minigun Stairs area.
| Weapon: 1x Minigun Stairs area, near the platform to the upper level. 1x Top Level, in a corner near the entrance from the South Upper Level area. 1x Ripper Ramp Area, behind the crates holding the Body Armor.|
Ammo: 2x Top Level area, behind a pillar next to the Top Control Point. 1x Ammo Hallway, near the entrance to the Minigun Stairs area.
| Weapon: 1x Flak Cannon Ledge, lower level, between some pillars.|
Ammo: 1x Top Level, in a ledge in front of the Top Control Point. 1x Flak Cannon Ledge, lower level, between some pillars. 1x Flak Cannon Ledge, mid level, behind a pillar. 2x South Upper Level, over a ledge overlooking the Pulse Chamber.
| Weapon: 1x Rocket Launcher Deadend.|
Ammo: 1x Top Level, in a ledge in front of the Top Control Point. 1x Ammo Hallway, near the entrance to the Minigun Stairs area. 1x Nook area, in a corner coming from the Flak Cannon Ledge area.
| Weapon: 1x South Upper Level, between some pillars in front of the platform.|
Ammo: 2x South Upper Level, between some pillars next to the weapon.
|3x Lava Point Area, hidden in a ledge. 4x Corridor between the Flak Cannon Ledge and the Lava Point Area, over a small spawn chamber.|
|2x Rocket Launcher Deadend. 2x Minigun Stairs area, near the platform to the upper level. 2x Top Level, in a corner near the Top Control Point.|
|1x Flak Cannon ledge, hidden in a ledge over the entrance from the nook.|
|1x Over a ledge overlooking the Minigun Stairs area.|
|1x Ripper Ramp Area, on top of a crate. 1x South Upper Level, near the platform entrance.|
|1x Lava Point Area, hidden in a ledge.|
|Top Level, in a ledge overlooking the Minigun Ammo behind the Top Control Point.|
PC (Retail/GOTY) Edit
– Mission description
Playstation 2 Edit
– Mission description
Tips and tricks Edit
- A map fit for close fight, this arena can easily be won with planned team strategies.
- There's a lot of hidden items over ledges (Big Keg O' Health, Damage Amplifier, Thighpads, Shield Belt). Bots and those with healthy eyes can take advantage of them.
- Attempting to consistently guard the lava control point is impossible. The point lies at the center of a three-way intersection - guaranteed to be highly traveled - with very few powerful weapons in close proximity (though the shield belt lies on a ceiling girder up above). Instead, concentrate on the nook control point, where you can quickly grab the body armor, rocket launcher, and flak cannon. Further, you have an easy route to the lava and top control points.
- The nook control point contains areas to duck behind and hide. Instead of standing guard, hide and wait for an enemy player to run by and tag the point. Once he leaves, secure the control point again; if your opponent decides to stand guard, wait for an opportune moment and conduct your ambush.
- There's a zone naming mistake: due to a building error, the Nook and Main Area zones are fused.
See also Edit
|Domination maps for Unreal Tournament|
|DOM-Condemned • DOM-Cryptic • DOM-Gearbolt • DOM-Ghardhen • DOM-Lament • DOM-Leadworks • DOM-MetalDream • DOM-Olden • DOM-Sesmar • DOM-Tutorial|
|Bonus Pack 4 maps: DOM-Bullet • DOM-CiDom • DOM-LamentII • DOM-WolfsBay|
|Console maps: DOM-Coagulate • DOM-Hood • DOM-Osiris (UT map)|