- If you're searching for other versions of the map, you might want to check Recurring maps#Lament.
DOM-Lament (whose full name is Lament) is a map appearing in Unreal Tournament.
Map description Edit
A two-level small map split into several areas.
- South ramp: The area located at the south of the map which holds a ramp going to the upper level. It houses routes to every Domination point of the map, and two of them require players to go through this area.
- West wing: The upper level turn that connects the upper level of the South ramps area with the North area.
- East wing: A two-level area whose interlevel connection is a set of stairs. Players can see most of this area from the upper level balcony.
- North area: The area of the map where every DOM point can be seen. It houses the Central point and windows from the other two points allow players to follow the status of the game, thus this area becomes crucial. A ramp connects it to the South ramp area's upper level.
- Lower chamber: A lower level chamber connected with the South ramp by way of a single passage. Houses the Lower point. A small window allows players in this area to also check the status of the Center point.
- Upper hub: A series of roads housing the Upper point. These roads are frequently circulated and the Center point can be seen from here.
Domination points Edit
- Central: Located at the North area.
- Upper: Located at the Upper hub.
- Lower: Located at the Lower chamber.
Weapons and pickups Edit
| Weapon: 1x South ramp, near entrance from North area/West wing turn.|
Ammo: 1x Near the weapon.
| Weapon: 1x West wing, lower level.|
Ammo: 2x Near the weapon.
| Weapon: 1x West wing, at the turn.|
Ammo: 2x Near the weapon.
|2x South ramps, behind a pillar, below the upper level ledge. 2x North area, near entrance from South ramps area. 2x West wing, near entrance from North area.|
|1x South ramp, lower level, near entrance from East wing.|
Tips and tricks Edit
- The Central point allows players to instantly see the status of the rest of the points, and almost every area has quick access to it. Therefore, it's important to control it. Be aware that the area itself has no ammo (the closest weapon is the Rocket Launcher, located at the West Wing) and only two health boxes.
- The other important area of the map is the South ramps, if only because it houses instant access to two points, one of them requiring going through this area.
- Take advantage of the lower chamber's only entrance/exit to eradicate any opposition.
- The map has a hidden Level Entry Text: "Control it all!"
See also Edit
|Domination maps for Unreal Tournament|
|DOM-Bullet • DOM-CiDom • DOM-Cinder • DOM-Condemned • DOM-Cryptic • DOM-Gearbolt • DOM-Ghardhen • DOM-LamentII • DOM-Leadworks • DOM-MetalDream • DOM-Olden • DOM-Sesmar • DOM-Tutorial • DOM-WolfsBay|
|Console maps: DOM-Coagulate • DOM-Hood • DOM-Osiris (UT map)|