DOM-Leadworks (whose full name is Leadworks) is a map appearing in Unreal Tournament.
Map description Edit
A molten lava complex, full of secrets, with several areas of interest. Has several areas of interest such as Tower, Corridors, Lava Bridge, Processing, Rocket Storage, Ripper Storage and Storage.
The Tower area holds the eponymous point in a, well, tower, surrounded by a river of molten lead. A circular walkway surrounds this pool and is connected to the tower by two bridges. The area is connected to the north corridors and another corridor connects it to the Storage area.
The (North) corridors start from the Tower area and end in the Lava Bridge area. These rounded corridors are intersected at halfway by two chambers, (let's call them North chamber and South chamber) each holding two weapons and a hidden powerup.
The Lava Bridge has a big platform spanning above another pool of molten lead, with the Bridge point sitting in the center of a bridge. It's connected to the Processing area by way of another curvy corridor.
The Processing area is an irregular area with several big tubes above it. It's connected to the passage leading to the Tower area from Storage, and to the Rocket Storage area by way of two entrances.
The Rocket Storage area holds the eponymous Rocket Launcher and is a big, uncovered area, frequently one of the main choke points not involving a Domination point. A staircase connects this area directly with the Storage area. Translocating players will find several goodies in this area.
The Ripper Storage area is a small chamber connected only to the Rocket Storage area holding the eponymous Ripper, with some big tubes above it in the same way as the Processing area.
Finally, the Storage area is a chamber with an island surrounded by a river of molten iron, and a walkway around it, unconnected to the area. It holds the eponymous point in the center of the island, and the island itself is connected to the Tower area by way of another curvy passage, intersected by an entrance to the Processing area.
Domination points Edit
- Tower: Located in the Tower area.
- Bridge: Located in the Lava Bridge area.
- Storage: Located in the Storage area.
Weapons and pickups Edit
|Shock Rifle|| |
| Weapon: 1x Processing area, near passage to Lava Bridge.|
Ammo: 2x Near the weapon.
|Pulse Gun|| |
| Weapon: 1x Processing area, in front of the entrance to Rocket Storage area. 1x North chamber, west wing.|
Ammo: 2x Near the Processing area weapon.
| Weapon: 1x Ripper Storage area, between entrances.|
Ammo: 2x Ripper Storage area, end of the chamber.
| Weapon: 1x South chamber, west wing. 1x Tower area, inside the tower.|
Ammo: 2x Near the Tower weapon. 2x Processing area, near stairs near entrance to passage to Tower area.
|Flak Cannon|| |
| Weapon: 1x North chamber, north-center of the area. 1x Storage area, walkway around island.|
Ammo: 1x Lava Bridge area, southwest. 1x Lava Bridge area, northwest. 2x Storage area, near the weapon.
|Rocket Launcher|| |
| Weapon: 1x Rocket Storage area, in the very center. 1x South chamber, south-center of the area.|
Ammo: 2x Rocket Storage area, besides entrance to Storage area, one per side. 1x Lava Bridge area, southeast. 1x Lava Bridge area, northeast.
|Health Pack|| |
|2x Processing area, near stairs near entrance to passage to Tower area. 2x Processing area, near entrance to passage to Lava Bridge area. 4x Rocket Storage area in a chamber opposite to the stairs. 4x North chamber, two per side wing. 4x South chamber, two per side wing. 2x Tower area, inside the tower.|
|Big Keg O'Health|| |
|1x North chamber, above the Flak Cannon.|
|Body Armor|| |
|1x Storage area, in a chamber behind a closed door, northwest of the island; shoot the door to open it.|
|Shield Belt|| |
|1x South chamber, above the Rocket Launcher.|
|Damage Amplifier|| |
|1x Rocket Storage area, in a vent above entrance to Storage area.|
|1x Rocket Storage, in a platform above the Rocket Launcher.|
Tips and tricks Edit
- The arena is very maze-like, making this map take a bit of while to complete. Players must keep walking to seek and seize all the control points, while saving your skin from any incoming fire and the lead pool down below.
- The map is full of powerups in secret places, so keep your eyes open for them.
- Seize the ledges in the Lava Bridge area to camp on and see enemies come from down the hallways before they are able to see you, giving a large advantage.
- In botmatch/Tournament, the bridge is easy to defend, as is the tower.
- If you stand against one of the stanchions outside the dome in the Tower area, you can just about see both entrances into the area at the same time, and you will be able to intercept invaders before they reach the control point in the centre.
- When travelling between control points, the Translocator is the best weapon for taking out enemies in the narrow corridors. Or try a flak on constant primary fire around the corners. Another good choice is the Ripper.
- Actually the mapper placed the invisibility of Unreal which UT replaces with its own.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Unreal Tournament Walkthrough by Apathetic Aardvark and farmerBob
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Unreal Tournament Guide / Walkthrough by Useless
- ↑ Domination Unreal Tournament FAQ by DV Morpheus
See also Edit
|Domination maps for Unreal Tournament|
|DOM-Bullet • DOM-CiDom • DOM-Cinder • DOM-Condemned • DOM-Cryptic • DOM-Gearbolt • DOM-Ghardhen • DOM-Lament • DOM-LamentII • DOM-MetalDream • DOM-Olden • DOM-Sesmar • DOM-Tutorial • DOM-WolfsBay|
|Console maps: DOM-Coagulate • DOM-Hood • DOM-Osiris (UT map)|