DOM-Olden (whose full name is Olden Aquifer) is a map appearing in Unreal Tournament.
Map description Edit
A complex map by architecture, the control points in this ancient arena can be accessed by elevators as well. It has four main areas:
- Central Room: Located at the north-center of the map. Houses the Mid point. It's three-tiered and has a big water shallow in the middle, containing two secret areas, Underwater and Aqueduct (more on the latter, later).
- Upper Point Room: Located at the northwest part of the map. it contains the eponymous point at the upper level, and a big water shallow at the bottom, the only one without any kind of secrets.
- Lower Point Room: Located at the south of the map, it houses, well, the entire area. Has a water shallow in the middle with a secret passage called Aqueduct to the Central Room. The point itself is located in the middle of the map, right next to the shallow.
- Chain Lift Room: The only part of the map without either a Domination point or a water shallow, it holds the eponymous chain-based platform.
Domination points Edit
- Mid: Located at the Central Room, in a chamber.
- Lower: Located in the Lower Point Room, next to the shallow.
- Upper: Located in the Upper Point Room, in the upper level ledge.
Weapons and pickups Edit
| Weapon: 1x Central Room, below the Mid Point Chamber.|
Ammo: 2x Next to the weapon.
| Weapon: 1x Chain Lift Room, next to the Chain Lift.|
Ammo: 2x Near the weapon. 1x Central Room, near the water shallow. 1x Lower Point Room, lower level, middle, behind a pillar located in front of the water shallow. 1x Upper Point Room, next to the lower level entrance to Chain Lift Room.
| Weapon: 1x Lower Point Room, between a pillar and the West lift to upper leve.|
Ammo: 2x Next to the weapon, at different locations. 1x Central Room, lower level, southeast corner.
| Weapon: 1x Central Room, next to the Mid point.|
Ammo: 2x Near the weapon.
| Weapon: 1x Lower Point Room, lower level, at the southeast corner. 1x Upper level corridor between the Upper Point and Lower Point rooms.|
Ammo: 2x Next to the weapon. 1x Central Room, near the water shallow. 2x Upper Point Room, next to the Upper point. 1x Central Room, lower level, southwest corner.
| Weapon: 1x Lower Point Room, upper level, over a ledge in the middle.|
Ammo: 2x Next to the weapon, in a ledge next to a platform from lower level. 1x Chain Lift Room, next to the Chain Lift.
| Weapon: 1x Upper Level Room, in a ledge overlooking the Central Area.|
Ammo: All of them, next to the weapon.
(*) 3x Rifle Shell, 1x Bullet Box.
|5x Upper Point Room, lower level, in the southeast corner next to the corridor to Lower Point Room. 5x Underwater.|
|2x Lower Point Room, on a ledge next to a platform from the lower level. 1x Upper Point Room, mid level. 1x Chain Lift Room, below the ramp to Central Area.|
|1x Chain Lift Room, in a ledge overlooking the Central Room.|
|1x Upper Point Room, in the northeast corner.|
|Inside of the secret chamber. (see Tips and tricks)|
Tips and tricks Edit
- A spread team formation might be necessary to seize and maintain possession of all control points.
- In order to access the hidden Shield Belt at the southwest of the map, you need to shoot two faces, one located next to the secret, and the other located right above the chamber where the Mid point is.
- The map has a nifty feature: trying to teleport out of it nets the teleporting player back to the arena.
See also Edit
|Domination maps for Unreal Tournament|
|DOM-Bullet • DOM-CiDom • DOM-Cinder • DOM-Condemned • DOM-Cryptic • DOM-Gearbolt • DOM-Ghardhen • DOM-Lament • DOM-LamentII • DOM-Leadworks • DOM-MetalDream • DOM-Sesmar • DOM-Tutorial • DOM-WolfsBay|
|Console maps: DOM-Coagulate • DOM-Hood • DOM-Osiris (UT map)|