If you're looking for other versions of the map, you might want to check Recurring maps#Deck.Unreal .
Map description Edit
The map that started the popular series, DmDeck16 has the same layout as the other Deck maps. The large hall with several levels is largely surrounded by an U-shaped corridor. The multiple levels in the main halls are connected by a series of 3 slopes, which give the map its identity.
There are a few differences with later versions of the map. Though all of the weapon pickups didn't change positions, the Toxin Suit did. The UT2004 version of this map, DM-Deck17, also has a few other corridors this map doesn't have.
Weapons and pickups Edit
| Weapon: On top of box in main hangar.|
Ammo: All 5 behind boxes in the area of the pickup.
| Weapon: 1x on raised platform just below the elevator, 1x behind box in main walkway.|
Ammo: 2x next to each pickup, 1x behind box near Flak Cannon.
| Weapon: 1x at the middle of the normal floor, 1x at end of Tarydium courtyard on the first floor.|
Ammo: 2x next to each pickup, 3x on boxes near lifts, 1x behind box near Flak.
| Weapon: 1x at the end of a Tarydium sludge filled hallway, 1x at end of hallway or the opposite end of the Rifle by the elevator.|
Ammo: 2x, next to each weapon pickup.
| Weapon: Near the elevator, opposite side of the room from the raised platform holding the Rifle.|
Ammo: Next to the weapon pickup.
| Weapon: On the right of the balcony accessed by ramps in the hangar.|
Ammo: 2x next to the weapon pickup, 2x on same floor, 1x end of the hall.
| Weapon: 1x on another balcony to the left of the GES Bio Rifle balcony, 1x on raised platform near the elevator.|
Ammo: 4x next to sniper ledge pickup, 2x next to other, 1x behind box near Flak.
| Weapon: A sunken area near the main walkway.|
Ammo: Near the pickup, at the other side of the main walkway.
|2x near each Flak Cannon, 2x on boxes near lifts.|
|On top of boxes, below the sniper ledge.|
|On a box near the lifts, lower level.|
|On a beam above the slime pool, below the walkway.|
|1x on top level of hall, 1x near Flak Cannon in corridor.|
Tips and tricks Edit
- It's possible to do lift-jumps at the Cargo area and bypass the small bridge upon the area. This is mostly used for surprise.
- The lack of Jump Boots make descending to the lower level a fatal trap, since the only way to return to the upper level is through the platforms at the Cargo Area. Later versions workarounded this by replacing the death trap at the end of the lower level with a teleporter to the upper level, a feature that made the map extremely popular.
- An early version of this map had an Invisibility item located where the Shield Belt is, but without a beam to walk. This evidently made the power-up impossible to obtain.
- The map was considered for Unreal Tournament, and in fact appeared, untouched, in the betas. Needless to say, it went under a lot of changes in order to appear as DM-Deck16][.
- Levelshots for the map were added in the OldUnreal version 227j patch.
See also Edit
|Deathmatch maps for Unreal|
|DMfith • DmAriza • DmCurse • DmDeathFan • DmElsinore • DmHealPod • DmMorbias • DmRadikus • DmTundra|
|Fusion Mappack: DM-Cybrosis • DM-Letting • DM-Loxi • DM-Mojo • DM-Shrapnel • DM-Twilight|
|Division Mappack: DmBayC • DmCreek • DmDespair • DmEclipse • DmKrazy • DmLocke • DmMorbfanza • DmScruular • DmSplash • DmVilla|
|OldUnreal v227 maps: DmBeyondTheSun • DmExar • DmRetrospective • DmRiot|