| This article is a stub. You can help the Unreal Wiki by expanding it.|
What needs to be done: Add the missing info.
Map description Edit
The map takes place atop of several towers linked by way of roads, with the exception of two standalone towers near each team's bases. The bases are located at the North (blue) and South (red) towers. Left of the Blue tower, there's the Blue Leviathan tower, which isn't connected to the rest of the map, except by way of a jumppad and a teleporter going from this tower to near the Blue base. The Red Leviathan tower is similar to the Blue Leviathan, except that obviously is located at the right of the Red base, and the respective tele and jumppad gets the user to near the Red base. The titular tower spans through four of them, holding the nodes, and a lot of the vehicles and strategic positions.
There are six nodes in the map:
- West Tower, placed atop the, well, West Tower of the central area.
- East Tower, placed atop the tower in front of the above.
- Blue Prime, located south of the blue base at the north central tower.
- Red Prime, located north of the red base at the south central tower.
- Red Leviathan, located in the tower at the northeast of the Red base.
- Blue Leviathan, located in the tower at the southwest of the Blue base.
Link Setups Edit
- Default: Blue Base connected to Blue Prime. Blue Prime connected to Blue Leviathan, West Tower and East Tower. West Tower connected to Blue Prime and Red Prime. Same with East Tower. Red Prime connected to West Tower, East Tower and Red Leviathan. Red Base connected to Red Prime.
- Default + Leviathan 2 Core: Same as above, plus Red Base connected to Red Leviathan, and Blue Base connected to Blue Leviathan.
Weapons and pickups Edit
Weapon Lockers Edit
|6x East Tower, lower chamber. 6x West Tower, lower chamber. 4x near Blue Prime, in a ledge above the lower entrance to central area. 4x near Red Prime, in a ledge above the lower entrance to central area.|
|3x Blue Base (2x lower floor near ramp entrance, 1x third floor above entrance to base), 3x Red Base (2x lower floor near ramp entrance, 1x third floor above entrance to base), 2x Red Leviathan Tower (lower floor), 2x Blue Leviathan (lower floor), 1x ledge near north entrance to Blue Prime, 1x ledge near south entrance to Red Prime, 1x near Blue Prime (higher level), 1x near Red Prime (higher level), 2x near tunnel to Blue Prime, central area. 2x near tunnel to Red Prime, central area. 2x near West Tower node. 2x West Tower, second floor, north corner. 2x East Tower, second floor, near the turret.|
|1x near West Tower, near Hellbender. 1x near East Tower, near the Node.|
|1x Blue Base, second floor. 1x Red Base, second floor. 1x east entrance to Blue Prime. 1x west entrance to Red Prime. 1x East Tower, near the Scorpion. 1x West Tower, near the Turret.|
|1x near Blue Prime, above a tall pillar. 1x near Red Prime, above a tall pillar.|
|1x northwest of the Blue Base. 1x north of the Blue Prime. 1x West Tower, third floor. 1x East Tower, lower floor. 1x south of the Red Prime. 1x southeast of the Red Base.|
|1x Blue Base, third floor. 1x Red Base, third floor. 1x Blue Leviathan tower, higher floor. 1x Red Leviathan tower, higher floor. 1x West Tower, west corner, second-to-third floor ramp. 1x East Tower, east corner, second-to-third floor platform.|
|1x West Tower, south pillar. 1x West Tower, north pillar. 1x Blue Base, near the Core. 1x Red Base, near the Core. 1x East Tower, second floor south. 1x East Tower, second floor north.|
|1x Blue Prime, higher floor. 1x Red Prime, higher floor. 1x West Tower, near the Node. 1x East Tower, below the platform.|
|1x Blue Prime, near the node. 1x Red Prime, near the node. 1x Blue Base. 1x Red Base.|
|1x Blue Leviathan tower, lower floor. 1x Red Leviathan tower, lower floor.|
|1x East Tower, east corner. 1x East Tower, ledge over Central area. 1x West Tower, above the West Tower node. 1x West Tower, second floor, looking at Central area. 1x near Blue Base in a ledge near the entrance. 1x near Red Base in a ledge near the entrance. 2x Blue Base. 2x Red Base. 1x Blue Leviathan, higher floor. 1x Red Leviathan, higher floor. 1x Blue Prime, ledge above tunnel entrance. 1x Red Prime, ledge above tunnel entrance.|
Tips and tricks Edit
Link setup-specific strategy Edit
- Default: Suffers the dreaded Enemy Prime Stalemate Syndrome. And it creates a problem when one of the cores is vulnerable, as the dominating team gets access to the Leviathan in the nearby tower, while the dominated team must take control of their own prime node before gaining access to the Leviathan again.
- Default + Leviathan2Core: With another route to the Core, it's possible to retaliate, and also prevents the enemy from dominating the attack to the base by controlling the Leviathan (plus the retaliating team can take control of the Leviathan node in order to regain territory without having to control their own Prime Node). However, the Prime nodes become the bottlenecks of the map.
- The map was slated to be shipped with the game, however time constraints prevented it from doing so. This didn't stopped the map to be released as a standalone bonus map, even granting it the first UT2004 "Ownage award" by Cliff Bleszinski.
See also Edit
|Onslaught maps for Unreal Tournament 2004|
|ONS-Adara • ONS-ArcticStronghold • ONS-Aridoom • ONS-Ascendancy • ONS-Crossfire • ONS-Dawn • ONS-Dria • ONS-Frostbite • ONS-IslandHop • ONS-Primeval • ONS-RedPlanet • ONS-Severance • ONS-Torlan • ONS-Tricky • ONS-Urban|