Overview[edit | edit source]
These terrifying Skaarj stand as the tallest and largest of all standard Skaarj classes. They are similar in color to a Scout, but more pronounced, bearing a deeper red-brown chest and darker scales, as well as the same armor loadout, but the similarities effectively end there. Berserkers are semi-rare and are usually presented as specific encounters, as opposed to regular enemies.
While most Skaarj will fight with a degree of tactical care, Skaarj Berserkers will attack nearly anything in sight, and will close in on their target as swiftly as possible. Their large size allows them to take and dish out significantly more damage than regular Skaarj, and allows them greater speed, making them extremely hard to evade. The Berserker's extreme aggressiveness can be used against it, as two Berserkers will almost automatically engage each other, which can allow the player to either slip away, wait it out and pick off the victor, or ambush the two with heavy firepower while they're distracted. Other than Berserkers, these can attack any type of enemies around, with the sole exception of Pupae, unless these ones are bothered.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Tips and tricks[edit | edit source]
- The best way to deal with a Berserker is at range. The Rifle can decapitate a Berserker, although they can take more hits before dying, as can a few well-placed Razorjack rounds.
- If a Skaarj Berserker manages to break past a ranged attack, switch to the Flak Cannon. The explosive secondary fire can be used to weaken the Berserker before using primary fire to finish them.
- Additionally, they can be used as living weapons as they will attack most anything that moves.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In The Darkening, Prisoner 849 will fight a very large, blue-hued Skaarj warrior that effectively behaves like a Berserker. It appears to be a Skaarj that has undergone some kind of cryogenic treatment, and is among the strongest and most aggressive Skaarj the player will meet.
- Like many enemies, Berserkers have significantly more health in The Darkening than in other levels, and are less likely to attack one another, which is bad news for the player. They come in a number of appearances, including Scout-like, Warrior-like, Lord-like, and Ice Skaarj-like.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
|Monsters: Behemoth - Brute - Cave Manta - Devilfish - Fly - Gasbag - Giant Gasbag - Ice Skaarj - Krall - Krall Elite - Lesser Brute - Manta - Mercenary - Mercenary Elite - Pupae - Skaarj Assassin - Skaarj Berserker - Skaarj Gunner - Skaarj Infantry - Skaarj Lord - Skaarj Officer - Skaarj Scout - Skaarj Sniper - Skaarj Trooper - Skaarj Warrior - Slith - Tentacle - Titan|
|Bosses: Skaarj Queen - Stone Titan - Warlord|
|NPCs and other creatures: Baby Cow - Biterfish - Bloblet - Horsefly - Nali - Nali Bird - Nali Cow - Nali Priest - Nali Rabbit|
|Beta: Dragon - Squid|